1. Sam Edelman Booties 2. Nordstrom Lightweight Sweater 3. Zara Cardigan 4. Madewell Cropped Jeans 5. Madewell Plaid Scarf 6. French Connection Sweatshirt 7. Zara Velvet Loafers 8. Steve Madden Over the Knee Boots 9. J. Crew Puffer Vest 10. Topshop Trench Coat
I know we are more than halfway through October, but fall technically lasts until December 20th, so I decided to finally put together a list of my fall must-haves for this year. I know I have done my fall 2016 wish list, but that was more specific items that I was wanting for myself and this roundup is more about the fall basics that everyone should have. So here is what I think should be in every lady’s rotation for this fall:
- Everyday Booties: These Sam Edelman booties are simple and versatile enough to be worn across seasons. And the neutral color goes with everything.
- Lightweight Sweater: I absolutely love lightweight sweaters this time of year (I talked about it in this post my sister and I did on lightweight sweaters last fall). They are perfect for when the weather is cool, but not frigid. This one from Nordstrom looks so cozy and is under $40!
- Oversized Cardigan: Another type of sweater you need for fall is an oversized cardigan. They are so comfortable and you can throw them over pretty much anything. This grey one from Zara looks like the perfect option.
- Cropped Jeans: Cropped denim is still going strong this season and this black pair by Madewell has extra detail with subtly frayed hems.
- Cozy, Plaid Scarf: What says fall more than a cozy, plaid scarf? A red, cozy, plaid scarf.
- Chic Sweatshirt: I have always loved sweatshirts and I have more of them hanging in my closet than I care to admit. Most of them don’t make it out of the house and are more for lounging. This French Connection sweatshirt, though, is so chic and current with its gathered front that I would definitely wear it on outings this fall.
- Loafers: Loafers are everywhere this season. And this pair from Zara takes it up a notch by making them in velvet…another huge fall trend.
- Over the Knee Boots: OTK boots have been a fall must-have year after year and this black pair by Steve Madden is at a great price point.
- Puffer Vest: A puffer vest is a great option for an added layer of warmth when you’re going to be outdoors for long periods of time. My favorite is this navy one from J. Crew.
- Trench Coat: Last, but certainly not least, is the trusty trench coat. A trench is classic and timeless and can be worn with anything. I have been on the hunt for a new one and I think this Topshop version might be the one.