Happy Thursday everyone! Today I am bringing something a little different to the blog. The main focus of My Closet and Hers is fashion and personal style and so far I have not deviated from that and have not really gotten personal on the blog. I don’t think that I should really be sharing my life story, nor boring personal details, on a fashion and style blog; however, I do think it’s important to share a little bit about who I am with my readers. The main reason I have not done this is because of that dreaded f-word……fear. Recently I saw this quote by Maya Angelou (who happens to be one of my favorite sources of inspiration): “Each time I write a book, every time I face that yellow pad, the challenge is so great. I have written eleven books, but each time I think, ‘Uh oh, they’re going to find out now. I’ve run a game on everybody and they’re going to find me out.'” Even the great Maya Angelou had to overcome fear to pursue her passion and to write what she wanted to write. But she did it…and it paid off. The truth is, fear keeps me from writing a lot of things that I want to write about…it keeps me from truly pursuing my passion. And I want to change that. I have found that the biggest resource for helping me make a change is inspiration. So I have decided to start a series on inspiration that I hope will help me and others to overcome fear and to follow our dreams.
For the first installment I wanted to keep it simple so I have listed some links to some things that inspire me:
- As I mentioned above, Maya Angelou is one of the greatest sources of inspiration for me. Here is a list of 48 of her best quotes. And I love this book!
- Meditating has become one of my greatest sources for becoming inspired. I use this app and I love it.
- Happy, upbeat music…like anything by Meghan Trainor
- Big Magic: Creative Living Beyond Fear by Elizabeth Gilbert
- Success stories such as Bethany Hamilton’s and J.K. Rowling’s
- Bloggers I admire: Gal Meets Glam, Cup of Jo and Poor Little It Girl
- This feel good movie, starring Will Smith
- A reminder (plus tips) to stay positive
I’d love to hear what inspires you!
(Photo by Marek/Adobe Stock)