The Liebster Award is an award given to new bloggers by other bloggers as a way to support and promote each other in growing their blogs! It’s a great opportunity to build up some connections and maybe even make some new blogger friends. Pretty great, right?!
First, we want to give a big Thank You to Candace from Sweet Tea, Southern Style for the nomination! She has an adorable personal style blog and you should definitely check it out.
1. Post your award to your blog.
2. Answer the questions that you were given from the person who nominated you.
3. Nominate a few new bloggers you’ve discovered.
4. Create 10 new questions for the nominees.
5. Thank the blogger who nominated you and post a link to their blog.
Answering the questions from Candace:
1. How would you define your style?
Christi: I think my style is pretty versatile. Sometimes I dress preppy, sometimes I dress girly, and other times I like a little grunge. The truth is, I like so many different styles, I don’t want to commit to dressing one particular way. I also really enjoy mixing and matching pieces from different categories to balance each other out, such as wearing a utility jacket over a delicate lace dress. Brittany: Good question! I would probably say classic. I try to have a very put together and chic look, with a love for the basics. Don’t get me wrong though, I do love to add a pop of color or print.
2. What is your favorite Starbucks drink?
C: Spring/Summer – Very Berry Hibiscus Refresher & Fall/Winter – Vanilla Latte
B: Oh this is tough! Right now I’d have to say the Pumpkin Spice Latte, but when it’s not Fall I’ve recently gotten into a Cinnamon Dolce Cappuccino. So good!
3. If you could travel to anywhere in the world, where would it be?
C: If I had to narrow it down to just one place, I would say Paris. Although I want to go anywhere and everywhere in Europe!
B: Switzerland! The pictures that I’ve seen of it are absolutely stunning!
4. Who is your ultimate style icon?
C: I have a few. I love the way Julia Engel dresses from Gal Meets Glam. She looks chic in everything she wears. My other style icons are Kate Middleton for her classic, timeless style and Rachel Bilson because she is laid-back and fashion-forward at the same time.
5. What is your current favorite fall trend?
C: I really like the fringe trend right now, as long as it’s done in a subtle way. My Sam Edelman booties have just the right amount of fringe on the sides, and I also have my eye out for a purse that has a subtle fringe detail.
B: Hmmm, I’d have to say the cape, or an oversize sweater/cardigan. They’re so easy yet so chic. Throw on a cape or sweater with your favorite jeans or leggings with some cute booties and your outfit is made!
6. If you could purchase ANY designer item (clothes, shoes, accessories, handbag) what would it be?
C: Right now, the Stuart Weitzman ALLLEGS boots, hands down.
B: Well my answer for right now is a little different than it normally would be, but because I’m pregnant I’d say a pair of designer skinny and flare jeans. I would love to have a nice pair (or 2!) of maternity jeans!
7. If you are a Scandal fan – Team Jake or Team Fitz!? If not (you should be), what is your TV obsession?
C: Sadly, I do not watch Scandal. I know I would love it, but I was already watching too many others when that show came out. I have too many TV obsessions to name, but my favorites are any of The Bachelor shows and Game of Thrones.
B: Ok you can’t make fun but I LOVE NCIS and Castle…I know, I know, nerd alert!
8. What is your favorite go-to nail polish brand & shade?
C: I love Essie! And my favorite shade changes with the season, but over the summer I loved Blanc and Sand Tropez. I haven’t really picked a favorite shade for fall…but you can never go wrong with a bright red!
B: Essie for sure. And color, I don’t really have a go to. It changes with each season!
9. What is your favorite season for fashion?
C: I don’t really have a favorite, but I do have a least favorite – winter! I don’t like being cold, so I tend to go overboard with layers.
B: The Fall! I love all things boots, booties, sweaters, and scarves!
10. Favorite shoes?
C: Hmmm…Probably right now, my Sam Edelman fringe booties that I mentioned above.
B: Probably my Nine West booties right now. But I’d love a good pair of Duck boots which would then easily be my fave!
Margaret from Young and Rungry
Stephanie from Drunk on Vogue
Catherine from Cat Bar Fashion
Madison from Get with the Proglam
Brittany from The Lady Lawyer
My Questions for the Nominees:
1. How would you define your style?
2. Who are your style icons?
3. What is your favorite piece in your wardrobe?
4. What is your favorite drink?
5. What is your favorite beauty trend for fall?
6. How would you describe your ultimate vacation?
7. What is your favorite way to unwind at the end of a long day?
8. What is your favorite color to wear in the fall?
9. What is your favorite season?
10. What is your biggest challenge with blogging?
We can’t wait to read your posts ladies and get to know a little more about you!
xoxo, Christi & Brittany